Thursday, November 29, 2012

Meanwhile, in TV land

Up All Night - Remember when I watched Up All Night for reasons other than because I didn't feel like turning off the TV? I don't, really. It was so long ago. Anyway, when did this show become so horrible? I mean, it was always bland, but it's sort of actively bad now, like everyone on it has just totally given up. Which makes sense, but still. Has there ever been a bigger waste of talent than this show? The Mindy Project seems to be trying hard to top it, but I'm not confident it will get there.

The Office - I didn't really watch this, but I did notice that the tag was Dwight making some pretty awful jokes about gay people. Please tell me it was just a dumb tag thing and this show is not actually like this all of the time now.

Parks & Recreation - Oh, look, a show I actually enjoyed and care about! Parks & Rec has sort of fallen to that point where it's no longer the show I look forward to the most every week, but I can rely on it for being a genuinely enjoyable 30 minutes of my time every Thursday. This episode continued that streak, being a very pleasant, occasionally extremely funny, and just all-around fun episode of television. They haven't really hit it out of the park at all this season (aside from the excellent "Halloween Surprise" which can certainly sit with the best of the best), but I'm enjoying it quite a bit every week, and I think overall I'm liking it more than I did at the end of last season, when the kind of inconsistent campaign act was starting to cannibalize the entire show for me. In particular, I really loved April and Andy in this episode. It reminded me a lot of that initial spark their relationship had back in Season 2, and damn it, I just can't help but smile pretty much every time they are on screen together. The show also deserves some major props for getting the Tom character back on track after he had a bit of an aimless, shaky time last season. All-in-all, keep doin' what you're doin', Parks & Rec.

Here are some shows I did not watch but want to snark on anyway:

The Big Bang Theory - Apparently they did an episode about a parking spot tonight. That was the whole episode. It will get 15 million viewers. Good job, America.

Two and a Half Men - I never thought I'd feel bad for Miley Cyrus, but...

Glee - God, is anyone still watching this show? I hope not. Apparently they just did a Grease episode. How did that not happen in like, episode three?

No comments:

Post a Comment